A dental hygienist is a highly trained member of the dental team who works together with the dentists, with a special focus on the prevention and treatment of oral disease.
At Lotus Dental, our hygenist Veronica Queralt-Vila plays a key role in our patients’ oral health, by providing individual preventive treatment, education about oral health for both adults and children, and demonstrating correct home care. Regular visits result in healthy mouths, and dental disease can be identified early.
Dental hygienists perform a range of clinical duties, including:
- Review of medical history (many medical conditions and medications can influence the planned treatment).
- Oral health education
- Dietary advice to help to prevent dental disease
- Scaling and polishing of teeth
- Local analgesia application
- Dental radiography
- Impression taking
- Diagnosis and treatment of periodontal disease including ozone application.
- Fissure sealants application
- . . . and more.